Thursday 31 July 2014

Kellie Castle etc

On Tuesday Jan & and I went to Kellie castle in Fife-
The castle was owned by generations of the Lorimer family including Robert Lorimer an important figure in the Arts and Crafts movement in Scotland  and Hew Lorimer a sculptor of international repute. The castle is now owned by the National Trust and has a delightful organic garden.We had a fascinating tour enhanced by some excellent guides. Afterwards coffee and scones were taken in the garden  amidst the flowers,veg and chickens.The stables feature an exhibition on Hew Lorimer's sculpture which was fascinating-
as well as his workshop arrayed as it was when he worked there.
We have been enjoying eating the produce of our own garden too and have been using it in different recipes.Even the nettles have enhanced our lunchtime soups.
The sun that we have almost begun to take for granted has left us of late and it is quite a miss.My painting/ modelling/gaming mojo appears to have left too as I cannot settle down to anything at all at the moment. A return to work in ten days hangs pall-like over me.
I am reading this currently-
I have long wanted to read it and think I am enjoying it...

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a lovely day out. I hope you recover your painting mojo. We're also enjoying produce from our garden, the flavours against the shop-bought stuff are beyond comparison.

    ReplyDelete