Saturday 12 January 2013

Saturday Morning

Got up at 6.30 am to do my Weekly Plans on the computer ( regardless of the fact that they become partially obsolete by Monday lunchtime as things change due to classroom experience, working with the children and their  needs) to attempt to get it done. When I tried to save it wouldn't let me do so.  Aeons later I managed to save it but don't know how. This didn't happen when I planned paper with pen in my diary on a daily basis making sure the next days work was in it lest I was unwell and to help any supply teacher. This way worked for all concerned.
Is it me or is Education now like the figure in the above picture?

2 comments:

  1. This is one of the reasons why I am now pleased to be a RETIRED teacher.

    I was recently asked if the kids I taught generated the biggest problems I had to deal with. My answer was that they were always the least of my worries; it was management, paperwork, and 'targets' that made my life a misery ... and that got in the way of education.

    Rant over. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! I had the happy experience of being a school master - i.e., I taught in an independent school in the 1980s, in the days before managerialism killed everything worth having.

    ReplyDelete