Friday 17 August 2012

A good read:back to my roots

In the wake of family tree and old photo discussions with my uncle I bought the book below-
It is a fascinating read and takes the form of a fictitious village and it's story through time.The writer has collected information on German life and customs and woven it into a narrative history . Owners of imaginations,not to mention interested others, could  do far worse than giving it a read.
Whilst on the subject of good reads can I also recommend a book I really enjoyed when setting up a background to the Duchy of Tradgardland over five years ago ( gosh I can't believe how time has flown) and one I still dip into now and then-
"From Reich to Revolution German History 1558-1806" by Peter H Wilson
Anyway, enough of the recommendations,have a good weekend whatever you are doing.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting stuff - but for the mountain of unread material I have facing me I'd check the library.

    ReplyDelete