Monday 28 December 2009

On the workbench /what I am reading...

Well Christmas has passed here in Tradgardland most equitably. The weather continues to present challenges and debate as to the safety and necessity of travel. My mother-in -law came for lunch yesterday and Jan was able to take her there and back without too much hassle. Today I hit Edinburgh to see my mother for her birthday and to take her out for part of the day.
We have eaten and drunk excellently-as befits a Major Feast and enjoyed ourselves well. I was given some inspiring books - "Vanished Armies" is a collection of eye witness paintings of uniforms from the lead up to the great War. Beautifully rendered they are just waiting to be replicated on the table top...
Two Osprey books (Herod and TYW) arrived too and I am sorely tempted to raise a small Herodian force for Basic Impetus . Add to that a calender featuring one of my favourite artists/designers Voysey and a beautiful Moleskine journal to record ideas and thoughts...I have done very well indeed.
On the workbench are a unit of 1938 militia belonging to the English Mistery and some Parthians not to mention the Lutelanders...
Have a great day whatever you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment