Sunday 16 August 2009

Inspiration...




Well this summer we managed to get a couple of local trips - we went to St Andrews where I went into the sea- it was a warm ,beautiful day. Last week we went to St Monans - a small coastal village with working harbour. I was most taken with the architecture and am considering building a few houses like the one in the picture out of card in the Grant/Stokes/Lead Gardens tradition. these will represent (if they get done )a Tradgardland fishing community...
Sadly our digital camera has packed in again. It did the same last summer and amazingly came right in the end. I remain hopeful .... but no piccies of my hobby stuff for the present. On Friday I had a 28mm game of ancients and fought against Carthage to achieve a winning draw with my Romans. A good exciting game with dbm . I hope to game more this autumn and winter.
Next Sunday we need to move all my books, furniture etc to have flooring put down and the kitchen is losing two walls and gaining space from the hall- it will be great but the work will drag on towards Advent and beyond...
Currently I am painting 28mm 15th century French,54mm WW1 Swiss and trying to resist 28mm Middle Imperial Romans which have lain here for ages. As I am reading "Warrior of Rome " by Harry Sidebottom - a fantastic evocation of the 3rd century and not to be missed, I am finding it hard to resist those A & A figures...
Weather has been torrential rain of late and high winds last night ,with drizzle this morning. After church we zoom into Edinburgh today to see hardwood flooring and then zoom out again to prepare for the new term which begins tomorrow. Finally can I recommend a film " Young Victoria" which we viewed last night . It is a good view and worth hiring. Missed the usual glass of real ale/red wine as I have just begun antibiotics for an infected ankle . Finally can I share my excitement for a dvd which arrived yesterday Series 1 of Babylon 5 - an old rave from the past of mine - can't wait. Enjoy your Sunday one and all

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see that all seems going so well. But we are longing to read news of Tradgarland and to see here tricorns again..

    Best regards,
    Jean-Louis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paint the Romans . . . paint the Romans . . . paint the Romans . . . you know you want to . . . paint the Romans . . .


    -- Your Subconscious Speaking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babylon 5, one of the best sci-fi series ever! :D
    Waiting for photos of Tradgardland troops and architecture... ;-)

    My digital camera is getting old - I expect it will die one of these days...

    ReplyDelete